Four Schools in One - Pacoima Middle School
- The Pacoima Resident School, for students in the Pacoima's attendance area
- The Pacoima School for Advanced Studies (April and May is the application period for the following Fall)
- The Pacoima Film Media and Performing Arts Magnet
- The Pacoima Computer Science and Math Magnet
How to enroll at Pacoima Middle School
Check if you live in the Pacoima Middle School attendance area using the Resident School Identifier.
If you live in the Pacoima Middle School attendance area:
Your child is eligible to attend Pacoima because it is your "home school."
If your child currently attends a Pacoima feeder elementary school then your child will be automatically enrolled at Pacoima. His or her student information will be sent to Pacoima by his or her elementary school in the Spring. All students coming from feeder elementary schools receive a welcome letter, orientation date and an enrollment confirmation from Pacoima Middle School in the summer.
If your child does not currently attend a Pacoima feeder elementary school (e.g., your child is home-schooled, is attending a private school, or you will be moving into the Pacoima attendance area) then you should come to our Attendance Office to pick up enrollment forms, or use the Downloadable Forms for Parents below.
If you do not live in the Pacoima attendance area:
There are four ways you can still attend Pacoima Middle School.
You can apply to the Pacoima Middle School through Open Enrollment. Please visit our Attendance Office or contact us at 818-686-4246.
If you are interested in our gifted program, you can apply to the Pacoima School for Advanced Studies (SAS). Please visit https://achieve.lausd.net/Page/2033 for the application process.
- Application period: March 2018
- Notifications mailed: April 2018
The Pacoima Film Media and Performing Arts accepts applicants from any LAUSD attendance area through the following web page http://echoices.lausd.net/Default.aspx
Computer Science and Math Magnet School also accepts applicants from any LAUSD attendance area through the Choices application. For both magnets, see the instructions below. Dates for the 2018-2019 Magnet application:
- Applications available: September 2018
- Applications first accepted: October 2018
- Application deadline: November 2018